Your smile is the first thing that many people notice first when they meet you. It sends an impression of the type of person that you are, even though it is sometimes wrong. If your smile causes other people to question the person that you are, there is a problem. Fortunately, it needn’t be that way as long as you take good care of your teeth and mouth. A few simple solutions can reduce the risk of problems such as gingivitis, gum disease, and even the need for tooth extraction near me new braunfels.
1. Brush Daily: Twice daily brushing with a fluoride toothpaste keeps teeth white and bright as it removes plaque, bacteria, germs, food particles, and other grime. Brush the teeth for two minutes each time you brush. Don’t forget to brush the back of the teeth and the tongue, too.
2. Protect Your Teeth: A stray ball from the baseball game is one of many hazards that can impact our smiles. If you play sports or participate in activities that may inure your mouth, use mouthguards to protect the teeth.
3. What do You Eat: You should aim to reduce sugary sweets in your diet and replace them with healthy fruits and vegetables instead. Sugar and carbohydrates damage the teeth!
4. Visit the Dentist: Do not miss out on the important visits to the dentist if keeping your teeth healthy is important. Twice annual dental exams reduce the risk of oral health problems. You also get cleaning during each visit.
5. Don’t Smoke: People who smoke are far more likely to develop gingivitis than non-smokers. If that weren’t bad enough, smoking cigarettes stains the teeth and causes bad breath. Stop smoking if you do already and do not start if you are not a smoker already.